Re: TR6 Clutch Question

To: Andrew Murchison <amurcha@kinderfeld.icenter.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch Question
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 13:41:09 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
My clutch question (temporarily)solved.
The local "mom and pop" mechanic said the fluid was empty.  He filled
it, and it works fine.  However, there is a slow leak from the "slave
cylinder", will cost $150 parts and labor to replace.  Does this sound
right?
Anyway, I'm sort of glad.  It seems the thrust washers are probably ok,
and the pin-thingy an oval-hole thingy are probably still in tact.  You
guys were right, worry about the easiest things first.
On another front, the carb rebuild estimates are running from a low of
$375 for both at TRF if I send them, to a high of $275 EACH with a one
year warranty at Sam Smyth in Cincinnati (anyone know anything about
this guy ?), with two estimates that were in between.  I'll probably
just bite the bullet, and have it done somewhere.
Lastly, anyone know why my "reverse lights" don't work.  I checked the
bulbs, and they appear fine.  I've noticed on other sockets in the rear
such as the turn signal lights that there are two wires attached, a
power wire and a "ground".  There is no ground attached to the reverse
light sockets.  Should there be one?
Thanks all very much.
Sirmoog
'71 TR6