Re: '79 Spit won't start

To: Anthony Green <green@cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: '79 Spit won't start
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 02:16:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Anthony Green wrote:

> My '79 Spitfire 1500 won't start, and I'm looking for suggestions.
>
> The battery seems good, and the starter motor spins, but the engine
> doesn't catch. Yes, there is gas in tank :-)
>
> Any bright ideas out there? (I'm stuck at the office contemplating my
> options, so don't hesitate in sending ideas! :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Anthony
>
> --
> Anthony Green                                               Cygnus
> Solutions
>                                                        Sunnyvale,
> California
Anthony,
Just because the battery will make the starter spin does not mean it has
sufficent voltage to spin it fast enough for the solinoid to "engage"
the starter drive to the fly wheel. Have your battery tested to make
sure it is properly charged. If it is then you may need to replace your
starter drive.

Larry Zink