Re: Wood Dash Selection

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wood Dash Selection
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:19:42 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: suhring@lancnews.infi.net
Wow, sounds like this could be a nice home business for someone! I saw a
listing on the Monster List of suppliers regarding someone on the west coast
who is supposed to be the best at making these replacement dash panels and
they might be the supplier to the big three? However, I am amazed that
someone hasn't replicated these dashes to the original spec. After all they
haven't stopped making English Oak veneer! I wonder if the European suppliers
like Rimmer and Triumph Spares offer replacement dash panels? For those that
are following this thread I was wondering if all the dash panels you have
mentioned are veneer on plywood or solid walnut? The one I got for my GT6 is
solid walnut, not veneer. Considering the material it is actually superior to
the original dash and a bargain for solid walnut but I still like the light
english walnut with the matte finish.

I am going to email Rimmer to see if they have any suggestions. Will let you
all know what I find.

Greg Wolf
70 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan