Re: Wood Dash Selection

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net, JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wood Dash Selection
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 09:52:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-07-15 07:04:24 EDT, suhring@lancnews.infi.net (scott
suhring) writes:

> One option might be to see if the
>  manufacturer would be willing to sell an unfinished rough cut dash and
>  then I could stain it to match the colour I am seeking and do my own
>  finish? May give it a try.

Scott:

Another option is to make your own. If you make it from a solid piece of
wood, it is very hard to do, but not impossible. Making the dash door and the
remainder of the dash from two seperate pieces and covering with veener is a
piece of cake. This option gives you a much wider choice of wood types.

If you haven't been there yet, check out the web page below for a look at the
dash I made. If I can give you any info on how to do it, let me know.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74