RE: GT6 gets a visit from the Prince

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: GT6 gets a visit from the Prince
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 13:06:12 -0500
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client mothost.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
Martin wrote:
>I am left to wonder whether it is necessary to replace the Lucas unit >with
... more LUCAS.  Is there a Delco compatible??

Martin,
  I am not quite sure why you would want to hassle with kludging up a
different type of alternator. I have had only 2 alternators on my 71, the
original and the second one purchased back in 78. It is still going strong.
  When at the VTR in Ft. Worth I drove Micheal Porter over to Steve's
Foreign Auto to get a Lucas for his GT6 and it was about $70. A simple bolt
on and plug in exchange. Call some local parts houses to save on shipping or
take it to an alternator shop for a rebuild. You would be suprised what can
be found locally and at a savings over mailorder..
    Don't be added to the list of DPO's. Everybody kids about Lucas but
their products aren't as bad as everybody claims. They take the heat for all
the poor repairs that clueless people attemp.
   So keep it stock, There will be less head scratching in the future.
Good luck,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
Austin, TX