Re: GT6 gets a visit from the Prince

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: GT6 gets a visit from the Prince
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 23:49:44 -0400
Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV wrote:

> The Lucas alternator (generator?) on my GT6 appears to be giving up the ghost.
> While I will investigate this further with the voltmeter, I am left to wonder
>whether
> it is necessary to replace the Lucas unit with ... more LUCAS.  Is there a
>Delco
> compatible??
>
> --
> Martin Secrest
> 73 GT6 III
Martin,
        Autozone sells a rebuilt Lucas alternater under the "World Parts
"lable. The one for my Spit is $45.00. Best part is that they have a
"lifetime" warranty. I'm going to get a new one tomorrow. Seems I let
the cooling fan blades run up against the mount bolt and destroyed the
colling fan. I told Autozone what had happened and they said no problem
they would cover it under warranty. Great folks at Autozone.

Bill
78Spit
80Wewdge