Re: GT6 gets a visit from the Prince

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: GT6 gets a visit from the Prince
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 19:15:19 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin,

Giving up the ghost, how? There's really nothing wrong with the Lucas
unit if the internals are good (maybe a little short on amps if you have
a lot of accessories).  What did the voltage check reveal? The internal
regulators on those units should keep the voltage somewhere near
13.5-14.2v.

If you want an upgrade, try an alternator out of a mid-70s (around 76-78,
I think) Ford Festiva. Should be a direct conversion, electrical
connection and all.

It'll still be cheaper to rebuild the current yourself, though.

Charlie B.