Jackstand placement

Subject: Jackstand placement
From: CAMHI ALAN <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 97 9:11:42 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Well its brake time.  I ve got the jack, and stands and now all I need is
the nerve.  Here is my question:

What are the strategic places to place the jack stands so that my TR4 is
stable and correctly raised.  Also, what is the order by which the jack
stands get placed(i.e. front of the car first, rear second, etc.).  Keep
in mind that my emergency brake is not fuctioning.

Any/all comments are welcome as I am extremely nervous about getting
under the car while on stands.  I know everyone has done it at one time
but it still doesn't make it any easier.  Are there any safety measures I
can take(i.e. cinder blocks as auxillary stands, etc.) that will help
allay my fears?
Thanks for all the help on this matter.

Regarding my previous Speed Bleeder question, from the responses I got,
this product sounds like a winner.  Not many have tried it but it seems
that  many would like to.  Once I determine the sizes I need, I will
order them and let everyone know how they worked out.

Cheers,

Alan Camhi
'65 TR4