Jackstand placement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Jackstand placement
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 97 14:52:25 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     This may only apply to the northerners among us, but if you heat with
     firewood and cut and split your own, you can make great jackstands
     with your chainsaw out of logs of about 18" diameter. If your bar is
     in good shape and you can cut nice straight cuts through the log, they
     won't rock or tilt for anything. I have my TR3 up on four of these
     placed under the main frame members more or less at the extremeties,
     and can't budge it at all.
     Maybe I'm upholding the stereotype of a Canadian here....probably some
     northern Europeans will understand. Well, for what it's worth.

     Jim Wallace
     '60 TR3 TS81417
     Ottawa, Ontario