Re: Compression testing question

To: jim barbuscia <jim.barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Compression testing question
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 19:13:34 -0400
jim barbuscia wrote:
>  Should I remove all the plugs and rotate the engine by hand?
>  Use the starter?
>  Only remove one plug and start the engine?
>  What RPM is used?

  Generally I first remove the plug main wire (don't want
the car starting).

  Then remove one spark plug at a time, replace with
tester, and turn engine over with starter. That seems to
echo what I see done on television car shows.

  I recommend leaving plugs in except for the one
in question. It makes the car turn over smoothly and
might give a more accurate result. A car with compression
in only one cylinder doesn't turn over very smoothly
with a starter.

  R-r-r-chhooooo-r-r-r-chooooooooo....

--
Trevor Boicey