Rear fender removal

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rear fender removal
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 07:58:32 -0700 (PDT)
Was browsing through the instructions in the Haynes manual for the
procedure to remove the rear fender, and two steps confuzzled me...

It says I have to remove the rear bumper.  Why is this?  It looks like I
can just lift the fender straight up after unbolting it.

It also says that I should remove the 'quarter trim panel'.  Where is
this?  If it's in the trunk then I don't have it :-)

BTW in addition to all the methods described, I use the old gas (the BAAD
GAAS) that I removed from the tank to dissolve the asphalt undercoating.
Just slop it on and wipe it off.  I have already disposed some of this
stuff by burning it, it's pretty dead-- I poured about a cup into the
burn barrel and lit it, it went woof and then went out.  Had to toss in
some paper and rags to get it to burn %-O

-Malcolm

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.