Re: Rear fender removal

To: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Rear fender removal
From: Dean Paige <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 11:16:43 -0700
Cc: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
John L. Walker wrote:

> Was browsing through the instructions in the Haynes manual for the
> procedure to remove the rear fender, and two steps confuzzled me...
>
> It says I have to remove the rear bumper.  Why is this?  It looks like I
> can just lift the fender straight up after unbolting it.
>
> It also says that I should remove the 'quarter trim panel'.  Where is
> this?  If it's in the trunk then I don't have it :-)
>
> BTW in addition to all the methods described, I use the old gas (the BAAD
> GAAS) that I removed from the tank to dissolve the asphalt undercoating.
> Just slop it on and wipe it off.  I have already disposed some of this
> stuff by burning it, it's pretty dead-- I poured about a cup into the
> burn barrel and lit it, it went woof and then went out.  Had to toss in
> some paper and rags to get it to burn %-O
>
> -Malcolm
>
>     Too many rocks and not enough sand.

I still maintain that the best way to deal with these petroleum related
wastes is to recycle them. Some creature, maybe you, is going to
eventually breathe the untreated waste material resulting from your fire.
As for diluting old gas in your gas tank and running your beloved LBC's
on it, even for a little while, there is a saying in the computer
industry that applies to most machinery "Garbage in garbage out" Doesn't
matter how much garbage, the result is the same.

Deano