Re: More compression testing

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: More compression testing
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 21:09:20 -0700
For those of you who want to take the "easy" route and just unplug the
coil wire from the distributor cap, you would do well to ground it if
you are going to be cranking on the engine for very long.  I was a Boy
Scout, so the fire thing doesn't bother me much, but you *can* damage
the coil if you don't ground the output.  If you want to try a little
experiment to prove this point, drag out that old tube receiver from
your college days, plug it up, and turn it on without any load on the
output transformers.  Within a few seconds you should begin to smell the
fragrant aroma of melting insulation as the transformers cook
themselves.  If you short the outputs, the thing will hum right along
with no problems.  BTW, the opposite is true of modern solid state amps.

Are there any questions, class...

class?

class??

--