Re: TR6 bullet mirror

To: josephb@bluedevils.aftac.gov, libertyc@erols.com
Subject: Re: TR6 bullet mirror
From: QAGroup@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 08:18:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-09-04 15:20:41 EDT, josephb@bluedevils.aftac.gov
writes:

<< According to TRF, they sell Moss the small bullet mirrors.  Moss sells
 the larger base mirror to cover the old holes.  I don't know of anyone
 who sell an exact repro, but I'd like to find one...

Here's the scoop.  TRF used to and Moss currently get their bullet mirrors
from GT Classic Products in Pampa, TX.  I know this because I purchased 2
mirrors from TRF several years ago and when I went to install them this past
July I noticed the small base would not cover the holes on the door. The old
mirrors were long based.  Called TRF and they said that they have no long
bases they can supply me with and their supplier, GT Classic, was out of
business.  Called Moss and they could not supply me with the bases either but
they were super helpful and gave me the phone # of GT Classic.  I called GT
Classic and they were super helpful and sold me the 2 long bases that attach
to the short bases on the mirror and installed just great.  One final note -
the mirrors are almost useless.  The glass is so small that you can hardly
see anything in them.  But they look great.

Randy Kosow
'73 TR6 CF814UO