RE: TR6 bullet mirror

To: "Theis, Karl J" <THESKJ@edex.ems.lmco.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 bullet mirror
From: The Garrisons <garrison@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 09:28:37 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 11:03 AM 9/5/97 -0700, Theis, Karl J wrote:
>For those of you interested in shelling out big bucks on Talbot
>mirrors, I suggest you look at
>http://talbotco.com/
>
>I had a Talbot bullet mirror on my Spit-6. Excellent quality.
>Karl Theis

So you're suggesting we pay $100 to $200+ for a mirror?!?  I just might...

The driver's side mirror on my '73 TR6 is the one that "came with the car"
and it is in surprisingly good shape; only a couple of small swellings in
the chrome.  The passenger side mirror (I consider this a necessity) I
first got from The Roadster Factory 7 or 8 years ago.  It looks just like
the driver's side "bullet" mirror, but the chrome started pitting after
only a couple of years.  The big problem, though, is that the mounting
system isn't worth a sh-t.  The thing gets wobbly and can't be tightened down.

I bought another one of these mirrors from TRF last year when I did a
restoral.  Same problem; it's already wobbly.  Apparently the mounting bar
that screws to the car bends...

ANYBODY HAVE A FIX FOR THIS?

Making it convex is also a problem; the only curved mirrors I can find are
intended for spot mirrors and are way too curved.

It's the little things that'll kill you...

- Gene Garrison