Re: spit dash cover

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: spit dash cover
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 23:59:56 -0700
Joseph R Schneider wrote:

> fellow listers:
> I ordered a dash cover for my 76 Spitfire at the Oakton Community
> College
> (Illinois) British show today, Charles Runyan himself took my order,
> he
> didn't know if one is supposed to remove the demister vents and the
> tonneau
> pegs attached to them, has anyone put one of these in?
> thanks
> Joe

On a related topic, have any listers recovered their dashes with vinyl
fabric?  Picturing the dash cover as a piece of hard plastic, I decided
to just recover mine, myself, in something a little softer.  The result
looks very good (better than the original, IMHO, so it won't be a
concours winner) and has held up well in two years of use and abuse.
The only pointer I have is to fix any cracks in the old dash before
recovering, because they will telegraph right through the new fabric.
Also, fitting the now slightly oversized dash can be a minor pain, but
once it's in, it's in.

--
Schuyler E. Grace
'73 Spitfire 1500 - FM1183U