Re: spit dash cover

To: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Subject: Re: spit dash cover
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 08:49:43 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
tom.omalley@channel1.com wrote:

> Schuyler writes:
>
> >On a related topic, have any listers recovered their dashes with
> vinyl
> >fabric?  Picturing the dash cover as a piece of hard plastic, I
> decided
> >to just recover mine, myself, in something a little softer.  The
> result
> >looks very good (better than the original, IMHO, so it won't be a
> >concours winner) and has held up well in two years of use and abuse.
>
> I would like to do exactly this.  Can you give some details on what
> you used for crack filler, adhesive, etc?
>
> Thanks much..
>
> Tom O'Malley
> '74, '77 Spits

Tom (and the list),

I decided to write up the whole process after discovering there wasn't
an article covering this topic on the VTR Web site.  If there is enough
interest, I figured I'd send it to VTR for the Web site instead of
bombing the list with it (does VTR accept submissions from
non-members?).  If only a few are interested, I'll just send it out to
individuals in a week or two, when I've finished.

-Schuyler

--
Schuyler E. Grace
'73 Spitfire 1500 - FM1183U