Re: spit dash cover

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: spit dash cover
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 06:32:20 -0700
>On a related topic, have any listers recovered their dashes with vinyl
>>fabric?  Picturing the dash cover as a piece of hard plastic, I decided
>>to just recover mine, myself, in something a little softer
*****************************
A method I have used is to cover the coverlay with vinyl.  You have to
remove the old dash to do this, but the result is, for all appearances, a
new dash top.  You install the coverlay as per instructions.  you will need
to cut a piece of vinyl to match up the bottom edge of the coverlay where
it wraps around at the front, as the coverlay doesn't extend fully to the
dash and would leave a ridge.  Once installed then just cover this assy
with vinyl.  It looks and feels like vinyl, well because it is, and you
don't have to worry about the old dash splitting under the new vinyl, or
filling and sanding the old cracks over.  Just make sure you use a GOOD
vinyl adhesive.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )