O-ring size, Zentih bottom plug '74 TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: O-ring size, Zentih bottom plug '74 TR6
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 09:18:47 -0400
This weekend I set about trying to determine the source of *really* poor
gas mileage on my '74 TR6.  Didn't think it was the mixture, because the
plugs looked fine.  Decided to try adjusting the mixture "by ear" anyway,
and found that it's really hard to get the adjustable mixture needle to
move for the first time in umpteen years.  Finally got it to move, got
things running a little smoother, but no major difference.

Then things got serious.  Noticed a 'drip-drip' of gas under the rear carb.
 Found the plug at the bottom of the carb to be really loose (fell out with
essentially no force).

So, the TR is grounded until I can put in replacement O-rings (neoprene or
Viton, of course).  Anybody have the *precise* dimensions for these?  I
hate to have to wait until an order can come in from TRF.  There are plenty
of sources locally that have gobs of o-rings, but I don't want to trust the
"see if you can match this distorted old ring with what you think it might
have been before it got squashed" method.

Many thanks in advance.
Ted Stevens             stevens@erols.com
74 TR6                  Gaithersburg, MD