Re: O-ring size, Zentih bottom plug '74 TR6

To: stevens@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: O-ring size, Zentih bottom plug '74 TR6
From: Bristol7@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 23:13:53 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-08 09:52:52 EDT, stevens@erols.com (Theodore R.
Stevens) writes:

<< So, the TR is grounded until I can put in replacement O-rings (neoprene or
 Viton, of course).  Anybody have the *precise* dimensions for these?  I
 hate to have to wait until an order can come in from TRF.  There are plenty
 of sources locally that have gobs of o-rings, but I don't want to trust the
 "see if you can match this distorted old ring with what you think it might
 have been before it got squashed" method.
  Many thanks in advance. >>

TR, this is likely the answer you would not want, however I recently had the
same problem with a carb in my 72 TR-6. I made a pit stop at the local O-ring

shop with plug and deceased O-ring in hand. I bought several sizes (cheap)
and tried them on the plug and re-inserted the plug back into the body.The
one that didn't allow gas to leak on the garage floor won the beauty
contest......I'd be somewhat curious about that plug just falling out.....I
believe they require just a modest bit of coaxing and I might want to check
into that......Lastly, if one O-ring is bad......

Best Regards, Kirk Yonker