Re: O-ring size, Zentih bottom plug '74 TR6

To: Bristol7@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: O-ring size, Zentih bottom plug '74 TR6
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 08:33:26 -0400
At 11:13 PM 9/8/97 -0400, Bristol7@aol.com wrote:
>TR, this is likely the answer you would not want, however I recently had the
>same problem with a carb in my 72 TR-6. I made a pit stop at the local O-ring
>
>shop with plug and deceased O-ring in hand. I bought several sizes (cheap)
>and tried them on the plug and re-inserted the plug back into the body.The
>one that didn't allow gas to leak on the garage floor won the beauty
>contest......I'd be somewhat curious about that plug just falling out.....I
>believe they require just a modest bit of coaxing and I might want to check
>into that......Lastly, if one O-ring is bad......
>
>Best Regards, Kirk Yonker

About the plug "almost falling out":  I have to say I was really surprized
at how loose it was.  Upon inspection, the barbs that hold it in looked
just fine and dandy, and had plenty of "spring" left in them.  Couldn't see
any difference between the rear loose 'n' leaky one and the front one which
was somewhat tighter.  Maybe a difference in the tolerance of the plug
hole?
Ted Stevens             stevens@erols.com
74 TR6                  Gaithersburg, MD