Re: TR6 Electrical Wiring

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Electrical Wiring
From: Jim Barbuscia <jim.barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:29:13 -0700 (PDT)

 Just a side note:

  Moss has a poster sized wiring diagram of the 74.5/75 TR6 on sale
  for $5.00.
  I bought one and it's accurate as far as I can tell. Also it makes
  an excellent looking designer poster for the garage wall!

  -jimb

> David Massey wrote:
>       > If you look in the Bentely up front in the "Owner's Manual" section
>       > you will find wiring diagrams for the later models showing the
voltmeter
>       > and the anti-run-on valve!
>
> Neither the Bentley nor Haynes manuals recognize the use of ballasted
> ignition in the TR6 series (ask me how I know!).  Yet my 1974 TR6 owners
> manual (US-delivery) does.  From the number of posts by TR6 owners on this
> list concerning ballasted ignition (eg upgrading to non-ballasted coils),
> I would guess that 1974 US-spec cars were not the only ones so afflicted.
> My guess too that Spit-drivers also have the same problem.
>
> At least the Bentley manual states up front that there is a plethora of
> wiring combinations depending upon delivery year and destination.
> My advice then is to accept the wiring diagrams in the generic workshop
manuals
> with a grain of salt, and refer to your (original) owners manual that was
> supplied with the car.
>
>       Shane Ingate in San Diego

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.       ##
## http://www.snovalley.com/~monica/jbtr6.html                   ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (jim.barbuscia@West.sun.com) ##