Re: Header Paint

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Header Paint
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 97 12:53:19 PDT
Cc: PVANDAL@aol.com
        > What is the best paint / plating for soft metal headers?

I would recommend Jet-Hot Coating, which is, I believe, a ceramic-type
of coating.  They will also coat the inside of the header which will
keep the engine-bay heat down and (if you believe their literature)
improve gas scavenging, ergo horsepower.  Wont peel like most paints,
and is REALLy durable (I have the mufflers and headers on my bike
coated with this tough stuff).  About $150 to coat headers, including
shipping.  Turnaround time is less than a week.

They have many different colors, and can be contacted at 1-800-432-3379
(www.goracing.com/jethot).

        Shane Ingate in San Diego