Re: Crash Pad Removal

To: pbitton@axess.com
Subject: Re: Crash Pad Removal
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 97 12:53:03 PDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Patrick Bitton wrote:
        > Is the foam glued to the fascia frame?

I've not done this on my TR6, but during my recent dash renovation,
I came pretty close.  If I recall correctly, the Bentley directions
indicate:
        - remove wooden fascia
        - remove nuts (5?) holding upper crashpad to metal fascia
        - remove bolts at front of crashpad (they also serve as
          the tonneau mount points)
        - remove windscreen (now you know why I didnt replace mine!)

At this point, I believe that there is a strip at the front of the
crashpad that is glued to the body (where the windscreen abuts the body).

Assembly is just the reverse of this, but first make sure you remove the
old glue and everything lines up.

With the exception of removing the windscreen frame, it appears
to be a straightforward operation, but I will default to those
more experienced than I.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego