Re: TR6: bad rocker shaft.

To: rogerh@digimation.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6: bad rocker shaft.
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:29:56 -0700
Roger,

My local LBC mechanic who did the overhaul on my 1970 TR6 charged me about
$180 for rebuilding my rocker arm assembly.  The rockers where rebushed in
bronze, rehardened and a new shaft was used.  This was recommended for my
daily driver.  The rollers sound neat but geared more for the high
performance racing types.  One reason for Chevy's being so cheap is the
huge number of people using 350s to power their cars.  Ever been to a
street rod nationals - 12,000 cars with more than two thirds Chevy powered.

Dave,
San Diego,
1970 RHD PI TR6, CP51649