TR3 Engine Oil

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 Engine Oil
From: "Perry T. Hammock" <phammock@ivy.tec.in.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 17:37:07 -0500
Time for the first oil change on my new toy! Without a clue as to what was in
the crankcase from PO, I seek your collective wisdom.  A couple facts:  Runs
60-70 lbs pressure cold, drops to 25 at idle when thoroughly warmed up.  Assume
the big end bearings are a little worn.  Runs great.  Has spin on filter
adapter - no oil cooler.  Living in Indiana.  Water temp runs around 165.
SO what ya think?  Straight 30 wt?  10w30?  20w50?  15w40 diesel oil to handle
the clearances? All have been suggested.  TIA
Perry Hammock
TS 69000 something LO