Re: TR3 rear leaf springs - rebuild

To: "Chip Old" <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR3 rear leaf springs - rebuild
From: "Mark A. Erickson" <mlazye@northvalley.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 15:35:08 -0700
Years ago I had to rebuild the springs on a TR-3. In my town I found a shop
that rebuilt springs (mainly for trucks) but they also had the data needed
to bring my springs back to factory specs, (i.e. proper arc, etc.). They
could rebuild or manufacture all leafs including the main leaf. To them it
was just a leaf spring not a TR leaf spring, so there were no add penalties
($$$$).

Check your local yellow pages. Shops like this one should be found near any
area that deals with trucking and/or truck repair.

To my surprise the price was right and my ride quality was vastly improved.
I could now take a washboard turn at over 40mph without the rearend
picking-up and doing it's own thing.

Mark