Re: TR3A compression numbers?

To: drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: TR3A compression numbers?
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 15:00:00 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
drew@pixar.com wrote:

> Thanks for the info Henry. Not that I know what the bore size
> on my engine is but I wonder if your's is 87 mm and might that
> not cause a slightly higher compression reading than say an
> 83 mm engine? More swept volume being compressed into the
> same combustion chamber and such.

My engine has a TCF prefix for the engine number, so it is basically a
TR4 spec engine. I think it has 86mm pistons, I wasn't really thinking
about it when I had the head off, or I would have measured. The specs on
the stock engine give it 9.0:1 compression ratio, while the TR3A engine
has a CR of 9.1:1.

> Also, do you know if you were getting any coolant into the
> #4 cyninder? I seem to remember something about the steam or
> cooling effect of the coolant loosening up carbon or something.

Oh yeah, I was getting coolant into my #4 cylinder big time, and it did
clean the carbon out!
--
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/