Re: Important LBC Tip

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Important LBC Tip
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 07:29:03 -0700
Cc: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
>Mind you, the Mk.3 has a "stabilised" fuel gauge, unlike most of my older
>Triumphs over the years (Heralds, TR3s, etc.). On those, the wildly
>bouncing fuel gauge needles offered little more information beyond proof
>that electrons were flowing somewhere within the wiring harness.
***************************
Andy,
I Actually like the 'bouncing' needle.  With these you could wiggle or rock
the car slightly side to side (people probably thought you were rocking to
some really neat tunes) and if the needle moved some you knew you still had
a little bit of gas left in the tank.  This was back in the days when we
were deep into the gas shortage.  I, of course, never let the tank get that
empty now :-}

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )