Re: Soft brakes fix

To: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Soft brakes fix
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 01:49:56 -0400
Cc: Bruce Krobusek <BruceKro@compuserve.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
William Davies wrote:
> The Soft Brakes fix was told to me by a kit car enthusiast almost twice
> my age (I'm 30), it was told to him by an old hand at a local garage
> many years ago. Nobody has been able to explain to me why it works, it
> just does! I find this quite frustrating because I have an enquiring
> mind. I suppose a Physicist might be able to shed some light on it.....

  Well, any chance that it's something obviously like air
bubbles slowly rising out of the system if it's held
just "so" and your air pockets are in the right place?

  On a wild guess here, but air bubbles in brake lines
don't move very well if they are large. They tend to
just stay in the line where they are unless you can
get them into the caliper.

  Perhaps when under pressure, the air bubbles shrink
to a size that allows them to rise in the lines?

  I can't explain a situation that makes this a miracle
cure, but it might seem plausible that it could help
remove some air pockets.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada