Re: Soft brakes fix

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Soft brakes fix
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:03:43 -0700
Cc: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, Bruce Krobusek <BruceKro@compuserve.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK wrote:

> >William Davies wrote:
> >> The Soft Brakes fix was told to me by a kit car enthusiast almost twice
> >> my age (I'm 30), it was told to him by an old hand at a local garage
> >> many years ago. Nobody has been able to explain to me why it works, it
> >> just does! I find this quite frustrating because I have an enquiring
> >> mind. I suppose a Physicist might be able to shed some light on it.....
>
> Bill,
>
> I read this a few years back in a magazine(Poss Practical Classics), but they
> actually said put the front of the car up on ramps too.  I've never tried it
> though, I suppose now may be a good time.  One thing, is it a good idea to
> leave the cap off, as brake fluid absorbs moisture from the atmosphere???
>
> Cheers
>
> Rich

Rich,
        Thats a fair enough point. I actually fully unscrew the cap, but place
it loosely back on top of the reservoir, more to stop anything nasty
dropping in than any other reason. It may well work with the cap left in
place, I can see no reason why not - I've never tried it that way.

--

    ^================^      This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
 |_|                  |_|   1975 Spitfire 1500