Re: Dying legend

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dying legend
From: rangerc@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:55:27 -0500 (CDT)
>It is up to us to do what we can to get the next generation interested in
>Triumphs. My 15 year old son loves my TR6. He tells me every time he sees
>any Triumph model on the road (not too often, unfortunately). He attends TR
>club events with me. He talks to his buddies about how much fun Triumphs
>are. I took him to hockey practice one night, several kids on the team had
>already heard about and wanted to see the TR. These kids definitely have an
>interest, make sure they get to see your car, and if they ask, tell them
>about Triumph.
>
>My son turns 16 in March. I have a 76 Spitfire waiting for him.
>
>Irv

Absolutely!  We have to keep them on the right track and keep the awareness
level up!!  My 14 year old daughter spotted a tarp covered TR-6 parts car
from the school bus window last year! And my 17 year old daughter gave me
hell last time I mentioned maybe selling my TR, and only wants me to teach
her to drive a stick on the TR. (Well, it does have a new clutch)But I'm
kinda glad she drives an old Volvo, at least for now!
Craig