Re: Dying legend

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dying legend
From: rangerc@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:35:52 -0500 (CDT)

>>To:  Another story of fading glory
>>
>>At A tire shop I was pricing tires for the spit and the guy at
>>the counter asked for what kind of car and I replied a 76
>>Triumph Spitfire, And he then replied, Oh and who made it.
>>Time to, find another time shop. Gee at a automotive type store
>>you think a guy in his 30's would have heard about Triumphs.
>>
>>Dave Simpson
>>NE Ohio

I have the reverse to the tire dealer story...sort of:
In changing out my redline spare for another, I went to  three different
tire places where the guys looked at the tire and said they don't handle
tubed tires! Finally got to the fourth place, the guy comes out, looks at
the tire, gets a look of recognition, and says "TR-6, huh, wow, havn't seen
one  of those in a while, used to sell tons of em. No problem!"
A refreshing change, and I found a new tire guy!
Craig