Re: How Many TR2 & 3's are left.

To: Thomas Meise <tm@mk3.teuto.de>
Subject: Re: How Many TR2 & 3's are left.
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 18:46:19 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thomas Meise wrote:

> The Sidescreen TR Compendium by Bill Piggott gives details of the
> first 100 cars from Commission Number TS1LO to TS100L.
> 16 of the 100 cars are known or believed still to exist.
> That would be a survival rate of 16%.
>
> Thomas Meise
> ´59 TR3A, TS46419L
> ´69 Spit. MK3, FD47269L

Since highest TR2/3/3A commision number is in the TS8XXXXX range, that
would mean ther are only about 12800 of the side curtain cars left. I'm
not sure if that's a reasonable number or not. Given the number of the
cars that I've seen, that might be high.

On the other hand, who knows how many cars have been stashed away in
garages for years & years.
--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L