Re: How Many TR2 & 3's are left.

To: gprtech@ix.netcom.com, tm@mk3.teuto.de
Subject: Re: How Many TR2 & 3's are left.
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 21:37:53 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-10-25 19:01:53 EDT, gprtech@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Since highest TR2/3/3A commision number is in the TS8XXXXX range, that
 would mean ther are only about 12800 of the side curtain cars left. I'm
 not sure if that's a reasonable number or not. Given the number of the
 cars that I've seen, that might be high.

 On the other hand, who knows how many cars have been stashed away in
 garages for years & years.
 --  >>

That's what makes it so interesting to me.  I live in a town of about 6,000
people and I can count 9 TR2/3's in town.  No I don't own all of them, just
1/3.  Currently out of these 9 cars only 1 is driven regularly, my 59 TR3A.
 In Albuquerque I know of probably 20 or so TR2/3s, but I suspect there are
quite a few more.  I guess I believe that far more cars are inoperative than
on the road, which is good for the parts producers, which is good for us,
since  if there is no demand there will be no supply.
Bob Paul