Re: Right turn / roundabouts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Right turn / roundabouts
From: Chip Mautz <cmautz@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 12:24:10 -0500
At 10:14 AM 11/4/97 -0500, MR THOMAS JONES wrote:

>An even better way to save fuel and allow traffic to flow at a rate
>appropriate to volume is the roundabout.  These are common in many
>European countries, but rare in the U.S.   I can think of only two,
>one as you
> enter Cape CodMassachusetts and one in Syracuse New York adjacent
> I-90 at Thompson Road.   They should be encouraged in new
>construction.

There is one on St. Armands Circle, Lido Key, near Sarasota Florida.  You
should see the tourists trying to negotiate around that thing!

I don't know if it'd be such a good idea, but definately worth the price of
ice cream and a nearby bench to watch the festivities!  (Get your Eldorado
Convertible out of the way of my Lincoln Towncar!!!)

And, don't even get me started on the parking (they park around the edges -
brilliant, huh?)

Chip

Chip Mautz
Greenbrier & Russel