Re: fuel lines revisited (and flaring tools)

To: Michael Marr <mmarr@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: fuel lines revisited (and flaring tools)
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:35:52 -0800
Michael Marr wrote:

> Also, I believe the correct term for the "olive" is compression sleeve.
> A ferrule is the small metal tube that fits inside a compression fitting
> used on poly tubing to stop the tubing from collapsing when the fitting
> is tightened.  Thus, the ferrule fits inside the tube and the sleeve and
> nut fit outside the tube.
>
> Having said all this, I now wait for different opinions.  Isn't this
> fun?

Webster's "New Collegiate Dictionary" defines Ferrule:1. A ring or cap
usu. of metal put around a slender shaft (as a cane or tool handle) to
strengthen or prevent splitting 2. A short piece of tube or bushing for
making a tight joint (as between pipes)

I stand by my earlier EMAIL.

Joe Curry    '63 Spit