Re: Ain't got no nuts... (early Spit)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, curry@wolfenet.com
Subject: Re: Ain't got no nuts... (early Spit)
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 19:11:03 -0800
Joe, et al...
  The few nuts that I have are stripped out on the ends, I believe,
because the shank portion was too short, and there wasn't enough thread
to grab properly.  The outer diameter of these is 0.68", or about
11/16".  The length of the shank (or "reach", as I call it is about 1/2"
with a washer.  Because the wheels are about 1" thick, I figure I need
about 7/8" reach, although 3/4" might do.  The Spitfire lugs that hold
the hubcaps on (late), you know, with the springs & washers, are just
under 21/32" od, - too small.

Thanks,
Peter