Re: Ain't got no nuts... (early Spit)

To: tochilds@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Ain't got no nuts... (early Spit)
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 16:35:25 -0800
Cc: pficklin@qnis.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Speaking of lugnuts,

I just returned from a local plating shop with my newly re-chromed front
bumper, overriders and a set of 16 lugnuts/locks.  I must say, I am
astonished how good they all look for about $325 including sales tax.
THe lug nuts were especially nice, since when I took them in, they were
rust pitted from years of exposure.

I would have replaced them, but They are special nuts that go on Wheel
adapters made by Appliance, a company (now defunct) that made great
alloy wheels in the years gone by.  Needless to say the lug nuts are
neither available new not cheaply re-manufactured.

So paying $3.00 each for re-chrome was acceptable.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit