Re: Knock-offs WANTEED

To: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Knock-offs WANTEED
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 12:53:53 -0500
Cc: thomas jester <triumph@horizon.hit.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Curry wrote:

> thomas jester wrote:
> >
> > List,
> >
> > I'd like to buy 4 two eared knock-off nuts for my Sports Six.
> > It has knock-off wires from a '69 GT6 on it now.   I'd also like
> > to get the appropriate wrench for the knock-offs.
> >
> Chad,
> Unless I miss something, there is no wrench for 2-eared knockoffs.  You
> are to use a brass hammer.  Thus the term "knock"-off.
>
> Joe Curry  '63 Spit

Hey Joe:

There's a "wrench" sold by Victoria British, and most of the other brit
car suppliers, called appropriately enough, "The British Wheel Wrench",
that lets you remove "knock-offs" without marring them with a hammer or
possibly bending up your spokes or denting a fender with a misplaced
hammer blow.  The wrench is about 2 feet long, comes in both two-ear and
octagonal varieties.  $39.95 for either variety in the latest Vicky
Brit.

The part number for the two-ear is #17-876.  Their toll free number is
800-255-0088.  Subscribe to their catalog if you don't already.

Regards,

John
--
Come see us on the Web!