Re: Knock-offs WANTEED

To: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Knock-offs WANTEED
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 16:09:25 -0800
Cc: thomas jester <triumph@horizon.hit.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
SUCHAK wrote:

> Wrong again Joe...  The upper picture (of the wood "ear-extender" style)
> is *not* what the original post was referring to, and is *not* what I
> was referring him to...  If you review the original post below, you'll
> see that the request was for "the wrench to fit", which was what I'd
> referred him to.  Even with the style you seem to be advocating, there
> is a good chance of mis-hitting the spinner and either bending a spoke
> or denting the car.  With the price of spoked rims and body panels, one
> could make a strong argument for the wrench style...  Wouldn't you
> agree?

John,
We could keep this up all week if you like.  Let me be clear.  I said
(maybe not too clearly) that an earlier response alluded to a "wooden"
type knockoff wrench.  Are you with me still.  Not Chad's original
question but a response to Chad's original question.  OK???  I still
amintain that it's pointless to but a "wooden" wrench when you can make
one much more affordable.  Also, your assertion that the wooden wrench
must still use a hammer is not supported in the advertisement.

I don't advocate the use of either type.  My original response, was in
the form of a question.  Because, this is the first time I have heard of
a wrench for 2-ear knockoffs.  I always thought that knockoffs were
exactly that.  So shoot me...I was wrong!

I'm pretty thick skinned and don't get too excited by putdowns on this
list (I realize most are purely in jest).  However someone who did not
understand that may not risk sticking his neck out the second time.  I
would never want to discourage free exchange of opinions.

Regards,

Joe Curry