Re: FW: Laser anecdote

To: jaltman@altlaw.com
Subject: Re: FW: Laser anecdote
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:49:12 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
jaltman@altlaw.com wrote:

> I host a Criminal Defense Lawyers mailing list (hold the jokes please) on my
>mail server and this passed by.  I thought it interesting enough to pass
>along. I have deleted traces of its origin.
>
> Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com   non illegitimus carborundum
> http://www.altlaw.com/

Jim,
There is a system that will totally eliminate the threat of Laser based
speed guns (as well as the Doppler Radar type guns).  It is a bit on the
expensive side though and has some side effects that haven't yet been
worked out.

The unit is known as the ACME Black-Hole Generator.  It uses a nuclear
reactor to generate a black hole that surrounds the front of the vehicle
and absorbs all light and other energy that is directed at it.

However the following drawbacks have been noticed in its use.

1.  You can't use it at night, because it of course will absorb your
headlight beam and you won't be able to see the road.

2.  Required radiation suits make it very uncomfortable to ride in the
vehicle and restrict visibility.

3.  The cost of nuclear fuel these days makes it very expensive to
operate (as previously stated).

4.  The weight of the unit is so great that it is highly unlikely the
car will be able to exceed the speed limit with it onboard.

Therefore, the unit has a very limited availability and has only been
effectively used on selected Aussie 4-door vehicles.  However, rumor has
it that Dan Masters is fitting one in his monster Ford powered TR6
project car.

Submitted for your approval by,

Joe Curry    (Rumors of my death have been greatly exagerated)