Re: FW: Laser anecdote

To: curry@wolfenet.com, jaltman@altlaw.com
Subject: Re: FW: Laser anecdote
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 14:38:45 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-11-25 13:59:24 EST, curry@wolfenet.com writes:

> Therefore, the unit has a very limited availability and has only been
>  effectively used on selected Aussie 4-door vehicles.  However, rumor has
>  it that Dan Masters is fitting one in his monster Ford powered TR6
>  project car.

Joe:

Nah, nothing as subtle as that. I'm going to use the technique pioneered by
the moonshine runners around these parts during prohibition. Each runner had
a favorite road, or roads, along their route that they had committed to
memory in extreme detail. Whenever the law got on their butt, they would
high-tail out it to this road. Once there, they had the advantage of using
their knowledge of the road to easily outrun the law. Often, it there was any
moonlight out at all, they would turn off their lights so the law couldn't
follow by taking cues to the road from the bootlegger.

Remember too, this was in the days when two paved lanes was considered a
super-highway!

So, if any of you come here to challenge me, beware if I turn off onto an old
farm road!  If I do, you're toast!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74