Towing Spitfire : Uhaul Car Dolly

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Towing Spitfire : Uhaul Car Dolly
From: Spitfire15@prodigy.com ( CHRISTOPHER J REILLY)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:08:02, -0500
All;

I know this discussion comes up from time to time and the consensus
is that the Ryder Trailer is the best option for towing a Spitfire.
I will be towing a '70 Spitfire with my '68 Lemans using a Uhaul car
dolly.  I ruled out the full trailer due to overall weight concerns
and the need to renet both trailer and truck for Ryder and UHaul.
Uhaul has confirmed this should work.  Any tips for a first time
tower ? I plan to wire up a pigtail to tie into the taillights of the
car before I go to pick it up.  Any experiences others may have had
with this method of transporting a Spitfire would be appreciated.

Chris in Utah
'78 Spitfire
'68 Lemans ( tow vehicle )
'68 Scout ( BIG paperweight )