Re: Towing Spitfire : Uhaul Car Dolly

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Towing Spitfire : Uhaul Car Dolly
From: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com> "Towing Spitfire : Uhaul Car Dolly" (Dec 23, 1:08pm)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:23:45 -0600 (CST)
Comments: ( Received on ftpbox.mot.com from client mothost.mot.com, sender hapkejs@cig.mot.com )
I have used a dolly to tow cars with little difficulty. Here are a few
thoughts.
If the car is not runing, a come-along works nicely to pull the car onto the
dolly. I have pushed them up by hand and I would not recommend it.
If you are going a LONG distance, think about removing the drive shaft to save
wear and tear on the tranny/OD? Or maybe put the rear of the car on the dolly.