Re: spitfire coil info needed

To: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Subject: Re: spitfire coil info needed
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 11:13:23 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 wrote:

> Joe Wrote:
> "I don't think any of the Spitfires had external ballasts."
>
> Joe and Hans,
> I have a MKIV that has the resistor mounted on the firewall next to the coil.
>  Other model have them buried in the harness.
>   Hans,  always take information from the "experts" with a grain of salt.

Richard,
I have already been corrected on my faux pas, thank you.  I noticed that
you only
included the error in your correction and not the real point I was
attempting to
make.  The point was (and still is) that if you have a ballast resistor
in the
circuit, you must wire the Crane electronic ignition differently than if
you
don't.  The installation booklet explains both installations.

I never claimed to be an "expert" on Spits or anything else.  I simply
offer what
I consider helpful or useful information that I have at hand or from
experience.
And please note that I said I didn't "think" any Spits had ballast
resistors.  I
have gone back and looked at the Haynes manual and indeed you are
correct.   It
appears that all MkIV Spits have Ballast Resistors, and most 1500's have
resistive wire used as ballast as was previously pointed out.

Thank you for your astute observation, I stand corrected.  Now I will
humbly
cower in the corner anxiously awaiting the next EMAIL that is intended
as a
put-down with no constructive intent.

Regards,
Joe Curry