Re: New lister, query on TR6 jacking

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New lister, query on TR6 jacking
From: Steve Chandler <chand@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 08:44:12 -0700
I have to disagree with your theory here. When you lift a TR6 on the
differential you are compressing the bushings which were not designed
to carry this sort of weight. I dont know if the mounting are strong
enough or not, but the bushings will certainly be abused by this.

Also I do not know how you can say this is less stress than driving
the car. This is not a live axle, there is very little stress on the
diff itself when driving.

I would still recommend jacking up on the chassis rails with a piece
of wood between the jack and the frame, and if you have 2 jacks do
both sides at the same time, to minimize frame twisting.

Not a flame, just my $0.02.

cheers

steve

--