RE: New lister, query on TR6 jacking

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: New lister, query on TR6 jacking
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 15:59:14 +0100

<<Like I said before... if those mounting studs break while jacking...
> it's a good thing... because you will learn of a metal fatigue
> fracture
> and/or rust damage while you're jacking the car... rather than while
> you're on the road... cuz if jacking car is the straw that broke the
> camels back... it was going to break anyways....>>
        So thats what you call safe for the guy who is working under the
car jacked up under a point that can, as you admit give way, strange
sense of safety.
        Apart from that its not advisable to work under a car only
supported by a jack, doesn't matter where.

        Gernot