Re: Installing TR6 Transmission

To: bills <bills@pagesz.net>
Subject: Re: Installing TR6 Transmission
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 08:23:30 -0500
Cc: The Brinkers <mbrinker@flash.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>>>>> "bills" == bills  <bills@pagesz.net> writes:

    bills> I had the same problem when I replaced my clutch.
    bills> I put two long bolts in where the standard ones
    bills> went.  Put a nut on each and tighten them to draw
    bills> the transmission into the engine.  I then replaced
    bills> them with the proper ones and tightened them all
    bills> down.

A buddy of mine suggested using long studs instead when I did
my TR-4.  They help you locate the tranny long before you can
ordinarily do so.  When you've got it mated, you double-nut
them and pull them out, replacing with bolts.   Worked like a
champ, out and in in about 4 hours, including cleanup.  Now
if I could just figure out a trick for that dang starter
before I swap the O/D tranny back in so I can keep the skin
on my hands this time....
                                                        -MM