Installing TR6 Transmission

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Installing TR6 Transmission
From: "The Brinkers" <mbrinker@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 21:29:09 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
What is the secret?  I have replaced my clutch and used the alignment tool.
Now as I am refitting my Transmission, I can not get it in!  I had it
aligned correctly and cot the two mating surfaces (the bell housing and the
engine) only 2 inches apart but I could not get them any closer.  I have
raised the motor slightly upward toward the rear to help but still no luck.
Could someone who has been through this make some suggestions.  I would very
much appreciate it.

Mike - Trying to get on the road again  74 TR6